Friday, May 29, 2015

America's Richest Self-Made Women: Jessica Alba on Cover of Forbes

Who could have predicted this magazine cover a decade ago?

Actress Jessica Alba is on the cover of Forbes Magazine.

The Honest Company that was created by Alba has made her a multi-millionaire to the tune of $200 million dollars.  Her company is valued at $1 billion.

Crazy, right?

She had the power, the presence, the name and the money to get it started.  She turned it into gold.

It's funny.  My children are grown, but The Honest Company has still come into my life.  I know people with toddlers who swear by The Honest Company products.  Some of the products I've seen, I think, why didn't they have that when my kids were young?

The fact is that Jessica Alba is a mom.  She knows what moms need.  The team she's assembled is excellent and they're making a difference in helping families.

I love the line in the Forbes article:  Safety sells.

The most fascinating thing is that Alba only started The Honest Company in 2012... to the tune of $10 million in revenue.  Read the full article in Forbes.  It's insane how Alba's tenacity and direct introductions to people of success helped to catapult her company to where it is today.

Women can do it.  We need to be introduced to the right people like Alba was when she first had her idea. But women can do it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment