Thursday, July 16, 2015

Telemarketers Beware: I've Had Enough!

For the last 10 days, I have received several calls every day from different telemarketers at the same company.  From the background sound, I can hear the chatter of dozens of other telemarketers.  This is all from a local company. It's not outsourced telemarketers from India.  Nope, this is a business literally down the street.  I considered driving over to the business to complain.

I used to allow these telemarketers to go directly to the answering machine, but I've decided to fight back and stand my ground for privacy issues.

I signed up for the National Do Not Call Registry, which doesn't seem to matter to random telemarketers.  Every time a new telemarketer calls me from the same company, I tell them directly: I am a member of the Do Not Call Registry. Upon hearing this information that can result in hefty fines, they promptly hang up on me slamming it loudly.

Then, the next day, a new telemarketer calls me from the same company as the cycle begins again.  **Sigh**

Today, I received another call from the same company.  I allowed him to deliver his opening scripted lines and then in a kind voice I explained to him that I had ENOUGH.  Ten days of phones calls was interrupting my attempts to work and potentially, other incoming phone calls.  Unexpectedly, the young man apologized and said, "Oh, no.  I will take you off the list right now.  I'm so sorry.  You won't get another call from us.  Have a good day, I'm really sorry."

He must have been young and new.  Imagine, a nice telemarketer who doesn't slam down the phone in your ear. A telemarketer who finally listened.

It's going to be a great day!  I can feel it!

I have again signed up on the Do Not Call list and beware, the next telemarketer who calls me.
You're going to get an earful from me if you put me back on your list.

In the words of Paul Harvey... Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment