Thursday, August 25, 2016

Escape the Webinar Noise: 3 Ways to Choose Wisely

Escape the Webinar Noise.png



WEBINARS ARE EVERYWHERE YEAR-ROUND
Webinars are web-based online presentations being offered to you on Facebook and Twitter regularly. Sometimes offers pop into my in-box from unknown sources. I’m left with the question, “How was I added to this list?” Other times, I visit a website and a pop-up window reminds me that the creator of the website offers an expensive webinar course. The good news is that there’s a free webinar prior to the paid webinar.
Most of the initial webinars are being offered as free educational or informational trainings. They tease you into paying for a complete webinar series. More of the webinar artists are offering the module approach. I’ve seen more than a few claiming to be online universities that are tuition based. Hey, if you offer a tax write-off for a university tuition, count everyone in! This is a genius approach.
Of course, all webinars are not created equally. The value of the free webinar can be zero to 100. I have to admit I’ve been fortunate that I’ve been selective in watching the top tier masters of the webinar. I’ve studied the approach. I’d only give a few high ratings.
I’ve also watched a few zeros that beat around the bush for an hour and a half without providing any takeaway material except for their pricing. As a result, I’m burned out on the webinar approach. If you give me little information in a confusing free webinar, the chance of me paying you $2K – $5K upfront for a lifetime membership is zero to match your zero on information.
TO THE WEBINAR MARKETERS
If you have a legitimate niche, great. Offer your niche an educational webinar for free and then offer a series of webinars for a fair price.
So many marketers seem to be marking up their program price into the thousands without being established. Sorry, but that’s not a fair price for today’s market and especially for someone who is fresh out of the gate. I’d rather see the price points lowered for the newest tier of webinar providers. Over time, your content is only going to get better so save that high price tag for down the road. Being greedy does not sell.
TO THE WEBINAR STUDENTS
Study the experts. Not only those who have become millionaires from webinars, but those who receive the highest rating return from their students. The best testimonial comes from someone you trust.
I know people who have thrown thousands of dollars at a weekend event in New York City or online webinar series only to give the experience a poor review when their business went nowhere after using the training. Get authentic feedback and network about the best webinars.
3 WAYS TO CHOOSE WEBINARS WISELY & DECLUTTER THE NOISE
There are so many webinars on the market these days, you have to consider your options and your needs. Make an educated decision because your time and money are valuable investments.
  1. WHO IS TEACHING THE WEBINAR? Research the person or business leading the webinar. Where are the statistics on his/her student success rate? Unless you’ve won the lottery or you’re independently wealthy, you can’t just throw $2K to $5K at every single webinar being offered. Declutter the noise.
  2. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO LEARN? Create a detailed business plan and then decide if you need to invest in a paid webinar training. How will the webinar help you? What exactly does your business need to experience growth? What are your immediate and long-term goals? Will the webinar catapult your business to the next step?
  3. WHY PAY FOR IT? Do your research. Is it really expert advice you’ll be receiving? If you can find the information elsewhere on the Internet for free, why pay for it through a webinar?
If you’re on the fence about paying for a webinar series after doing your research, watch the free seminar and make a smart decision that will benefit your personal and professional growth.
The current market is overloaded with webinars. To avoid the noise, I’m sitting out the next round of webinars that come into my Facebook and Twitter feed. For now, my mind is open to opportunities but my checkbook is closed.
If there’s a webinar you love and you found success by following their formula, let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment